Give Voice to Football
Fédération Internationale de Football Association (“FIFA”) is calling all developers to a virtual themed hackathon: “Give voice to football” to come up with inventive ideas relating to the usage of voice assistants to interact with football events and football data. In particular, we are looking to gather product ideas and prototypes of Alexa Skills / Google Actions showing innovative and compelling ways to interact with football related content through voice-driven devices.
Theme and Contribution
Participate for the chance to win tickets for the FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019™ final in Lyon on July 7th 2019 (subject to the rules of the hackathon). Please see below for more information and the rules for the hackathon. The virtual hackathon will be hosted on GitHub and will run from Tuesday May 28th 2019 at 9:00 CET to Monday June 10th 2019 at 23:59 CET. The hackathon will have two main tracks: product ideas and prototypes / demos (as detailed below).
For this track, participants should submit an original product idea for football and voice assistants as the main way of interaction. The submission should include:
- a brief description of the product in the README.md file
- a detailed explanation of the product concept, functionalities and mockups of the user experience and user Journey in one or maximum 3 separate documents submitted in the repository (formats allowed are: Markdown with linked images, plain text, PDF, Word, PowerPoint, Keynote)
Prototypes / Demo
For this track, participants should provide a “proof of concept” or “minimum viable product” for an Alexa Skill, Google Action or another product which uses voice as a way of interaction. The submission should include:
- a detailed description of the prototype in the README.md of the repository or as attached files (formats allowed are: PDF, Word, Markdown with linked images, plain text).
- the source code.
- the documentation needed to run and test the artefact.
The kinds of question that prototypes/demos and product ideas should address / explore are:
- What kind of voice experience can be relevant to a football fan?
- How can we leverage FIFA’s data (please see this section for more information on such data) in the context of Virtual Assistants?
- What Alexa Skill or a Google Action around FIFA competitions should be developed.
- How publicly available data can be used for developing football relevant voice assistant skills or actions?
- What are the kinds of user experiences and product concepts that can be designed around virtual assistants and football?
You can access FIFA historical data relating to past FIFA competitions through a set of endpoints. The description of the endpoints is available at the following URL: https://givevoicetofootball.fifa.com/ApiFdcpHelp. On the API section you can also see some examples of queries.
Starting from Tuesday May 28th at 9:00 CET you can enroll and submit your product ideas or prototypes/demos following the instructions available at: https:// givevoicetofootball.github.io. For any inquiry and other questions you can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org